Monday, October 14, 2013

How far would you go?

It was freshman year of high school and I would have done just about anything to get the senior boy in my class to notice me.

He was the most popular kid in school-- with a gang of boys following him around at all times-- as if he were The Great Victor Kelly from Resurrection Man.

Every day I would stare at him in fourth period, dozing off into a
                            
                                d
                                  a
                                    y
                                      d
                                         r
                                           e
                                             a
                                               m.

A few weeks later, my girlfriends and I get invited to an "upperclassmen" party. We were so excited to finally get a chance to meet the cool, older kids.

My friends were nervously chatting about what clothes they were going to wear; how they should style their hair for the night.

I could barely hear them over my thoughts. I knew that this was it. I was going to finally talk to him tonight.


F  l   a   s   h     f o r w a r d :

 We just walked into the party. It reeks of booze and poor judgement.


I let my friends trail off, as I had my own goal for the night. I finally find him near the most insane amount of alcohol I have ever laid eyes on.

He smiles and says, "Hi. You're in my math class. Do you want a shot?"

MyMindWasRacing. MyHeadWasSpinning.

I hadn't even begun drinking yet. 



F  l   a   s   h     f o r w a r d : 

The room is unsteady. Like water. F l o w i n g. You notice everything is humorous, you laugh and laugh at at every other word spoken to you. You cant Walk. You are Stumbling. Everywhere. No turning back now. You are too far gone.

The last thing I remember is blowing chunks on his new pair of Converse.



 [ I switched out of my fourth period class that Monday. ]



No comments:

Post a Comment